A cursory analysis of the collection shows the following major subdivisions:
- The revelations of Rigdzin Gödem (1337- 1408 ?) : vol. 1-15.
- The cycle of Vajrasattva’s Heart Mirror of Garwang Dorje (1640-1685) – vol. 16
- The cycle of The Sow With a Profound Seal by Tennyi Lingpa (1480-1535) – vol. 17
- The cycle of Mañjuśrī Master of Life, invented by Gyazhangtrom (11th Century ?) – vol. 18-27.
- The cycle of Rahula, The Poisoned Razor, “discovered” by Pema Ledreltrsel (end of the 13th-first years of the 14th Century) – vol. 28-29.
- The cycle of Padmasambhava, The Complete Gathering of the Knowledge-Holders, revealed by Ngari Penchen Pema Wangyal (1487-1542) – vol. 30-32
- The revelations of Rigdzin Legden Dorje (1452 [1512?]-1565) : Liberating the samsara in the Dharmadhātu and the cycle of Amṛtakuṇḍalī. – vol. 33
- the Nine-Headed Wrathful One, revealed by Ngari Penchen Pema Wangyal (1487-1542) – vol. 34.
- The revelations of Jangdak Tashi Tobgyal (1550 (?)-1603) : Karma Guru and The Essential Meaning of the Mother-Tantras : vol. 35
- The complete writings of Rigdzin Pema Trinley (1641-1717) – vol. 36-50 ;
- The autobiography of Rigdzin Kalzang Pema Wangchuk (1719-1770) : vol. 51.
- The revelations of Rigdzin Kalzang Pema Wangchuk (1719-1770) : The Epitome oḥf the Precepts – vol. 52-53, the Wrathful Padmasambhava : vol. 54 ;
- The Jangter-related writings of Tülku Tsullo (1895-1954) : vol. 55-56 ;
- Writings by Thekchok Tenzin (mGo tswa mkhan chen, 1878-1949) : vol. 57 ;
- Writings by Künzang Tenzin (d. unknown) : vol. 58 ;
- A collection of biographies of masters of the Northern Treasures : vol. 59 ;
- Writings mostly by Baney (Bāḥ gnas) Choktrül Dongak Shedrup Gyaltsen (1888-1964): vol. 60 ;
- Common recitations / basic rituals of the Northern Treasures : vol. 61 ;
- A History of the Northern Treasures : vol. 62 ;
- Table of contents and “checklists of received teachings” on the Northern Treasures : vol. 63.
 For a short biography, see : https://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Garwang-Dorje/9158. This figure and the next are curious cases, are only a part of their revelations are regarded as belonging to the Northern Treasures, as if they had filled a gap in Gödem’s rediscoveries.
 This figure and the next one are in a different category: they are treasure finders before Gödem, whose heritage has been more or less "captured" by the Northern Treasure School, of which they have become one of the specialties.
 For a short biography, see : https://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Ngari-Panchen-Pema-Wangyal/3006.
 For a short biography, see : https://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Lekden-Dorje/P1701.
 For a short biography, see : https://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Jangdak-Tashi-Tobgyel/P646.
 For a short biography, see : https://treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Pema-Trinle/9169.